Accessing Your Health Information
Helping you make better decisions about your health care
For the best browsing experience, Gitbooks supports Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge .
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (NDHHS) & Nevada Medicaid are committed to improve the quality of life for Nevada's citizens. We are promoting health and well-being, fostering self-sufficiency, and protecting vulnerable populations.
We are making it easier to access your Medicaid ID Card and personal health information with the Nevada Medicaid App. It is available for download in your app store. Having access to your information can help you make more informed decisions about your health care.
- Ensure patients are informed about their own health care.
- Make it easier to share information between patients, doctors, caregivers, and other people and organizations to improve and maintain your health.
Some healthcare decisions are easy, like getting a cast if you break your arm. Other situations are more complicated. For instance, does your medical history mean surgery might be risky? Can your caregiver share your health history with a new doctor?
By accessing your health information through a convenient app, you can:
- Control your health information.
- Access the list of medications you are taking
- Share your health information with doctors, caregivers or anyone you choose.
- Better manage and improve your health.
Additionally, Nevada Medicaid offers a custom application built exclusively for the Medicaid population of Nevada.
Click on the links provided below to take you to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store to download the NVMedicaid Application:
Apple App Store:
Google Play Store:
- Download the app to connect to Nevada Medicaid.
- Complete the registration process for the app.
- Follow the instructions to connect the app to your Nevada Medicaid health plan.
- Carefully review and give consent to share your health information with the app.
- For help with the NVMedicaid app, use the resources page within the app. Please verify the process for getting help with your application before contacting Nevada Medicaid.
There is some risk because you are using the Internet. However, Nevada Medicaid takes your privacy and the security seriously. Your data will never be shared without your permission. Once you agree to share your data, Nevada Medicaid is no longer responsible for the data security. So, it is important to understand the privacy and security policies for any apps you use. It is also important to:
- Protect your devices from threats like theft, phishing, and hacking.
- Keep your device's security settings current.
- Choose a health information app with clear privacy and security policies.
You can change your mind at any time.
The first time you choose to share your data with an application, you must set up an account. You will need your Name, Date of Birth, Plan Member ID, Zip Code and a valid unique email address. Your app will walk you through a process similar to this:
- Additional information can be found in the 3rd party App description within the App store
AMA & ADA Copyright Notices AMA Copyright Notice: CPT codes, descriptors and other data only are copyright 1999 by the American Medical Association (or such other date of publication of CPT). All Rights Reserved. Applicable FARS/DFARS apply. ADA Copyright Notice: Current Dental Terminology, (CDT)(including procedure code, nomenclature, descriptors and other data contained therein) is copyright by the American Dental Association. ©2002, 2004 American Dental Association. All rights reserved. Applicable FARS/DFARS apply.